CLIENT: MENDROP ENGINEERING RESOURCES
WORK COMPLETION: 2015
TOTAL CONSTRUCTION COST: N/A
This project included performing a topographic/hydrographic survey for Mendrop Engineering Resources (MER) on the Pearl River in Marion County, Mississippi. MER has been tasked by the Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) to conduct stream stability studies and design countermeasures to prohibit stream migration at the U.S. Highway 98 and MS Highway 35 bridge crossings near Columbia, Mississippi.
TEI professional services included:
- Hydrographic survey of approximately one (1) mile of the Pearl River bed.
- Topographic cross-sections were performed every 100 feet extending out 250 feet from the river banks to obtain upland characteristics.
- Topographic survey was issued for use in design.
- 100-year flood plain cross section in the vicinity of U.S. 98
- Determined and contacted the land owners